ooooh someone's in trouble! Apologies for the late post my lovelies! I have had a super busy week, and have just found a few minutes out of my day to myself so I can sit and write to you!
I wanted to do something a little different today so I thought I would respond to a request and answer the 30 Beauty Questions tag... here goes nothing
- Do you remember your first makeup item?
This is a good question! I do actually! It was a Body Shop turquoise mascara that I used to wear (very fashionably) on my outer lashes, applied once I had left my Mum's car and got round the school gate... said mascara was also efficiently removed before hometime...
- Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
As you may know, I am a huge Benefit Cosmetics fan, so I live by their mascara “They’re Real”. I am also growing to love my new mascara that I am currently testing for review which is the Younique Fibrelash mascara. I think between those two I have found my perfect fit.
- What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
I like a flawless finish on my foundation, whatever coverage it is. My current go to foundation (KMS Mineral Essentials) is so versatile that I can build the coverage up for evenings or have it a light coverage for daytime, but always flawless.
- Favourite high-end brand?
I really love Bobbi Brown’s products, as well as Dior.
- What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven't?
So many! I really want to try Tom Ford, Melt Cosmetics, NARS, and also Tarte is on my list too…
- Favourite drugstore brand?
Tough question, I love Sephora, but also Maybelline is a favourite.
- Do you wear fake eyelashes?
Yes, and I am learning to apply them on my own as for now I am limited to special occasions…
- Is there any kind of makeup you can't leave the house without?
I don’t mind going out without face makeup, but I would always have to do my eyebrows.
- What is your most cherished beauty product?
I go through phases.. at the moment I am cherishing my KMS Minerals foundation and my Makeup Eraser!
- How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
I usually go and shop for makeup when I read/see a reviews on products that really interest me. I tend to read up on a product for a long while before I make the plunge. When I get in the store however, anything goes!
- Do you have a "beauty budget" or you spend freely?
I don’t have a beauty budget, but I don’t spend carelessly. I love sales, so I do tend to get carried away then!
- Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Yes, yes and yes!
- What type of product do you buy the most of?
I find my makeup routing usually revolves around different eye looks, so I would say eye products.
- Is there a brand that you absolutely can't stand?
I don’t think I have come across one yet; there are brands I won’t use for other reasons, but none that I detest.
- Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
As you may have read in a previous post, I have sensitive skin, so I avoid excessive chemicals, and I avoid Bismuth Oxychloride like the plague!
I also try to avoid sufates in my shampoo.
- Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup?
Anywhere in London! No particular shop, but saying that, I love the Benefit Cosmetic Boutique in Covent Garden. Oh also the flagship Sephora store in Paris is amazing!
- Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
Once I have researched a product I will definitely try it out. I love finding new products but have to be careful about reactions.
- Favourite bath and body brand?
I love Body Shop for bath and body; I guess old habits die hard! Their products take me back to high school!
- If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Ooh, I don’t know! That’s a mean question!
- What brand do you think has the best packaging?
I’m sure a lot of people have said this but I love Benefit Cosmetics packaging. I also love the opposite side of the spectrum with the classy black packaging of Chanel and Mac, but nothing beats a colourful Benefit product on your vanity!
- Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Cheryl Cole and Kelly Rowland
- Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
Makeupalley and Stylecaster
- Favourite Beauty Gurus
I really like MakeupGeek and Sonjdradeluxe They both have very different styles, but are gorgeous and talented.
- Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
I do, at the moment I have been using Benefit’s Benetint, and I quite like it.
- Are you clumsy in putting makeup?
No, as my friends will tell you, I am very OCD so that shows in my makeup. Think of how long it takes me to get my winged eyeliner just right!!
- Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yes, I use either Benefit Stay Flawless 15hr Primer or Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch for my face and Make Up Store’s Eye Primer for my lids, in either tinted or clear – depending on the look.
- How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Generally I use just a serum and a touch of hairspray after shampoo and conditioner.
- What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Foundation. I used to do it the other way, but recently switched it up.
- Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
I love going to as many makeup classes as I can. Every MUA has a different style and I love learning new tricks.
- What do you love about makeup?
Makeup takes your day from drab to fab. You cannot be sad once you have a gorgeous face!
Phew! That was fun!
I would love to see what your answers are!